Soundtrack's of choice, passports and postcards

Seated in the middle of my bedroom floor, surrounded by clothing, passports and postcards; I feel the distinctive pull of the post travelling blues. It is only too easy to play that new found holiday soundtrack and become enveloped in a cool sea of memories. I feel this way almost every time I return. For me to travel is to breathe, to see anew again, to touch base with life. I am so enamored with the journey and the destination that there is little which can compare to its felicity.

Sometimes when I return I struggle to breathe again, it's almost as though I have to switch tempos and slot into the very different rhythm which life pounds out day by day. It won't be long until this happens but for a short period of time I am lost in an unnavigable wasteland of where I want to be and where I am; backpacks, short eats and lonely planets as opposed to lap tops, early morning alarms and M4 traffic jams.

So permit me this; allow me to share with you some of my holiday highlights. Come swimming with me in that cool sea of memories. Monday will come and so will my 7am alarm call but until that time I shall remain firmly seated on my bedroom floor surrounded by soundtracks of choice, passports and postcards.

Photo: Sunset scooter #srilanka #sri2014 #arugum

1. Somewhere between Arugum Bay (Eastern Province Sri Lanka) and Whiskey Point

This was a great day. To say the heat in Sri Lanka was oppressive would be a small understatement. This English Rose probably sweated enough to water a small garden. My cheeks were in a permanent state of flush and my body a mini radiator. According to one of the local men my face looked like that of one of the local mountain woman i.e. one with a red face; I tried to take this as a compliment. To feel the wind freely blowing through my hair was therefore no small indulgence. Combine this with breathtaking views, speed and uncharted territory and let's just say I was in a very happy place. We stopped and took this picture in the middle of two fields that were filled with wild peacocks.



2. Train from Kandy to Ella

Right from the start of the trip this train ride had always been high on my agenda. I had heard a lot about it and was keen to see what all the fuss was about. Honestly, I don't think that this picture or my words could do it justice.


Displaying image.jpeg
3. The people

Travelling companions can either make or break a trip. I have always said that it doesn't matter where you are in the world, it's the people you're with that make the journey worthwhile. These 4 are gold. Thanks for the laughs guys and for putting up with my 2-5pm dip in froth levels.

Comments

  1. This is another testimony on how Chief Dr Lucky cured my HIV disease. Do you need a cure for your HIV disease? Do you want to be cured from your cancer disease? Or you want to be free from any type of disease. Kindly visit https://chiefdrluckyherbaltherapy.wordpress.com/ . He just cured my HIV disease and I’m very grateful to him, he is the only herbalist that can cure you.
    WhatsApp number : +2348132777335
    Via Email : chiefdrlucky@gmail.com
    Thank you all for reading,
    God bless"

    ReplyDelete

  2. I was suffering from Herpes, i suffered until i meet Dr Akhimien on Facebook page the great Traditional healer who cured me. You can visit him on YouTube for more information. You can also add him on whats-app +2349133157031 or email him on dr.akhiniemodion@gmail.com, his page on facebook https://www.facebook.com/Drakhiniem/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts