Bali

BALI

My most recent adventure took me across the Indian Ocean and into Malaysia and Indonesia. I'd never been to either of these countries before so was super excited to explore and as usual had starred up my Google map, done a ton of research and was ready to go!

Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
This whole trip was initially planned as a good friend of mine was getting married in Bali - a great reason to plan a trip! The KL stop over was part adventure, part meet up with some of the others who were travelling across for the wedding. Here are some of my KL highlights:

1. Our accommodation:
This cute home was open, light, well designed and it had a roof terrace. I loved the aesthetics and especially enjoyed late evening dips in the plunge pool! 



2. Nasi Goring
This became a firm favourite throughout the trip. Our introduction was in a small local cafe that my friend took us to. We stood in line and ordered with the locals; I'll miss my daily helpings of this delicious dish!!



3. Cho Cha Foodstore 
I'm a sucker for an aesthetically pleasing cafe and this one ticked all the boxes. The food was amazing and there was a cute bar and coffee shop around the corner-winner.



Bali

After 48 hours in Malaysia and a missed early morning alarm (stress to the max) we headed off for Bali. The first part of our trip was spent at the gorgeous Inaya Putri resort in Nusa Dua. I'm not really a resort kinda gal but the Inaya provided the perfect back drop for my friends wedding and really forced me to relax- something I don't often do! Countless hours were spent at the pool, many fresh coconuts were consumed and several bottles of sun lotion emptied.








However I wouldn't be a girl with a suitcase if I'd didn't at least spend a little bit of time exploring! The majority of cafes, restaurants and shops which I had starred were located closer to Seminyak (Only a short taxi ride away from Nusa Dua). I made several trips to check out the local scene, here are some of my favourites:

1. Barbacoa - this restaurant served up some of the most delicious food from our trip. The interior was equally impressive and the service flawless. Located in central Seminyak the Barbacoa backs onto a large rice paddy and serves up a feast for vegetarian and meat eaters alike. I highly recommend the side dishes as well as the barbecue pork, of course.

2. La Favela
I felt as though I was entering an enchanted tree house when I walked into this bar/club. I'm a sucker for anything eclectic and this place is next level. A million twinkling lights and a mismatch of furniture, statues and random objects like London phone booths made for an unforgettable night. The DJ was pretty sweet too.

3. Kynd community
If I could wrap up a menu and carry it around with me everyday, all day, this would be the one. I keep having serious food flashbacks, it really was that good. On top of that, it's pretty gorgeous and instagrammable af. Be kynd to yourself, pay this place a visit.

4. Coffee cartel
A short walk from Kynd community this place served up a delicious beetroot latte and an equally impressive smoothie bowl. The interior was cool, simple and clean and I highly recommend them. The service also won extra points by ordering a taxi for me, thanks guys.



On the whole Seminyak is a very busy, more often than not dirty, little town. I've heard tales that the beaches are a bit disappointing and was honestly quite glad that we chose to only pop in for a few short visits. If you're after top notch relaxation in a quiet and serene setting, this is not the place. That being said, the shopping and cafe hopping makes it well worth a day trip/few nights exploring. I will def be returning as there were several places which I didn't quite get to try! I've listed those below, if you get a chance to check them out let me know how you get on!!
- Sea Circus
- Sisterfields Cafe
- Cafe Organic Bali

Ubud

For the second part of the trip we based ourselves in a private villa just outside Ubud. I can't recommend this experience highly enough. If you're going to Bali and are after some genuine relaxation with a bit of culture and adventure thrown in on the side then this is a must!!







Our villa was breathtaking and even I (yes me, the perpetual adventurer) didn't want to leave! The house manager Ibu Made was absolutely fantastic and helped to make our stay unforgettable. Private yoga classes, full body massages, cooking classes and freshly prepared meals meant that our experience was truly unique. I had several 'pinch me' moments and have come away feeling genuinely relaxed and refreshed.





Aside from the villa, yes there's more, Ubud also has some amazing food, shops and activities on offer. Here are some of my favourites:

1. Watercress cafe
We actually went back here three times because we loved it so much! We sampled several dishes between us and each one was just as good as the next. Well worth a visit!

2. Ubud market
I enjoyed shopping in the boutique type stores up and down the general street but was really able to get into some hardcore bargaining in the market. Round woven straw bags were the order of the day and I managed to get three for 200 000 each.



3. Alchemy
Another foodie heaven. Kombucha, vegan ice lollies and more protein balls than you can shake a stick at. I felt healthy just breathing the air in this place and the food was delicious! A little further out of the town centre but worth the trip. Try the bubblegum smoothie, the dragon fruit colour is amazing!!!

4. Bridges
We spoilt ourselves one evening by heading out for drinks and dinner at bridges. We sipped mandarin negronis looking out over the jungle and then ordered some pretty amazing food in the restaurant upstairs. If you feel like treating yourself and want a nice view to boot then head to bridges.

5. The Yoga barn
As a yogi I was very keen to do a yoga class in Ubud. The yoga barn is a well known centre for yoga in ubud and they run several classes daily. The schedule is on their website and they operate on a first come first serve basis. Once you've finished your class treat yourself to a freshly squeezed juice or a delicious power ball (I recommend the Goji berry).

6. Campuhan ridge walk
We were advised by locals to avoid the uber touristy Tegallalan rice paddy fields and instead headed up to the Campuhan ridge walk. Should we have had more time, we would have done both and this is definitely now something I regret!  Nonetheless, the ridge walk was very picturesque and we especially enjoyed the small swing located halfway up the ridge. Once we got to the end of the ridge we sat at Karsa Café and had a few fresh coconuts. I also have it on good authority that Café Pomegranate on the other side of the ridge is pretty impressive.

7. Jungle fish
It wouldn't be a Bali vacation if we didn't talk spas. Jungle fish is located in the jungle of Ubud and has both villas and a day spa. We spent a day here, relaxing on pool side hanging beads and indulging in several spa treatments. I can't recommend the treatments highly enough; I had a foot a massage and a pedicure and came away feeling like a princess.

Well that's a wrap! I will most definitely be returning to the tropical paradise of Bali!

Comments

  1. I am really happy that i have been cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) with the herbal medicine of Dr OLUTA , i have been suffering from this disease for the past 3 years and 4 mouth without solution until i came across the email of this doctor who have cure so many people with his herbal medicine, i also choose to give him a chance to help me and my husband, he told me what to do and i kindly did it, and he gave us his herbal medicine and direct me on how to use it, i also follow his instructions for use and he ask us to go for a check up after 1 week and 5days which i did, to my greatest surprise our result came out as negative, we are really happy that there is someone like this doctor who is ready to help anytime any day. To all the readers and viewers that is doubting this testimony, stop doubting it and contact this doctor if you really have one and see if he will not actually help you. i am not a stupid woman that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done for me and i know that there are some people out there who are really suffering and hurting their family just because of these diseases so you can Email him on dr.olutaspellcaster@gmail.com OR
    WHATSAPP him on +2349065326267 he also told me that he has cure for these diseases listed below .
    HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS.
    .DIABETES .
    CANCER
    .HEPATITIS
    .HIV/AIDS
    Thank you for your time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been suffering from Herpes for the past 3 years and 8 months, and ever since then i have been taking series of treatment but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr odion on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him as well. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions. When i was done taking the herbal medicine i went for a medical checkup and to my greatest surprise i was cured from Herpes. My heart is so filled with joy. If you are suffering from Herpes or any other disease you can contact Dr Odion today on this email:drodionherbalhome12@gmail.com WhatsApp him on this Number +234 9019421176 Dr odion cures:
    1. HIV / AIDS
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease)
    5. Hepatitis B
    6. chronici pancreatic
    7. emphysema
    8. COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease

    ReplyDelete

  3. I was suffering from Herpes, i suffered until i meet Dr Akhimien on Facebook page the great Traditional healer who cured me. You can visit him on YouTube for more information. You can also add him on whats-app +2349133157031 or email him on dr.akhiniemodion@gmail.com, his page on facebook https://www.facebook.com/Drakhiniem/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was depressed when doctor told me that I have been diagnosed with Herpes disease… I thought about my Family, I know my Family will face a serious problem when I'm gone, I lost hope and I wept all day, but one day I was searching the internet I found Dr.ezomo contact number. +2349056460552   I called him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr.ezomo herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to Dr.ezomo and very happy with my hubby and family. email him on dr.ezomorootandherbals@gmail.com or you can also reach him through WhatsApp number ‪+2349056460552He can also cure so many sickness{1}HIV And AIDS {2}Diabetes{3}Epilepsy {4}Blood Cancer {5}HPV {7}ALS {8}Hepatitis


    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone out there, I'm here to give my testimony about a herbalist doctor who helped me. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2011, I went to many hospitals to heal myself but there was no solution, so I was thinking how I can get a solution so that my body can be well. One day I was in the river thinking about where I can go to get a solution. so a lady walked towards me telling me why I'm so sad and I open everything by telling her my problem, she told me she could help me, she introduced me to a doctor who uses herbal medicines to cure the SIMPLEX HERPES VIRUS and gave me your email, so I sent you an email. He told me everything I had to do and also gave me instructions to take, which I followed correctly. Before I knew what was happening after two weeks, the SIMPLEX HERPES VIRUS that was in my body disappeared. therefore, if you also have a broken heart and need help, you can also send an email to {drpaulherbalhome4@gmail.com}
    Contact him today and he will have a testimony ... Good luck!

    Dr. PAUL also cures:
    1. HIV / AIDS
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease)
    5. Hepatitis B
    6. chronic pancreatic
    7. emphysema
    8. COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was diagnosed with Genital Herpes for the past 5 years and I have been searching for a cure. I have several outbreaks on my back and it really affected me morally, I read a testimony on this platform of a friend from Nevada who was cured with doctor Dr Uchegbu Herbal medicine including the doctor’s official email address. I contacted the doctor through his email, after much discussion and a few questions he prepared the Herbal medicine and asked for my address. I received the Herbal medicine 3 days later and with his prescription I drank the Herbal medicine for 6 to 7 days. After concluding the herbal medicine I went for a test and my result was confirmed Negative with no trace of the virus on my blood. Contact doctor Uchegbu and be cured by his email; druchegbuherbalcure@gmail.com. or druchegbuherbcure1@gmail.com send him a message today and get free from that your health issues

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless DR.AKHIGBE for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES VIRUS since 2015 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about DR.AKHIGBEhow he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as instructed, in 2 weeks i was totally cured. if you need herbal cure contact dr.akhigbe on his WhatsAPP number: +2349021374574 because he has a solution to all your problems. Email drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts